How to write a curated newsletter with Logseq
Join our community manager Ramses as he demos and explains how he uses Logseq to write the weekly curated Logseq newsletter.
What processes do you run with Logseq? Join our community manager Ramses as he demos and explains how he uses Logseq to write the weekly curated Logseq newsletter. From collecting useful resources to publishing a 1,000-word piece, he shows you every step of his process.
If you write a newsletter for your job or hobby, this is a must-watch. But the process will be useful even if you don't publish a newsletter; the steps that Ramses demos can be applied to many knowledge work processes. Whenever you have to output something based on information inputs, this session will be useful.
The following steps are demoed in this session:
- Collecting resources (videos, articles, scripts)
- Organizing blocks and branches using templates
- Retrieving blocks and branches uses queries
- Writing long-form in Logseq
- Publishing from Logseq to Ghost
The core of Ramses' processes are templates and queries. If you've been wondering how to run processes using Logseq queries, this session will be a great inspiration.
- 0:00 Introduction and overview of the session
- 3:19 Why write a (curated) newsletter?
- 4:27 Why use Logseq for the newsletter writing process?
- 6:22 Some reasons other people are writing a regular newsletter
- 7:30 An overview of the entire newsletter writing process
- 9:27 How to collect newsletter resources using Logseq
- 11:26 How to set up templates in Logseq
- 14:56 How to use Logseq templates
- 18:59 How to retrieve resources in Logseq
- 20:49 How to write queries for the newsletter pipeline
- 22:16 How to set up the newsletter dashboard within Logseq
- 24:19 How to retrieve collected resources using a query
- 28:46 How to outline and draft a newsletter in Logseq
- 34:14 How to export text out of Logseq
- 41:07 Q&A: Why do you publish using Ghost and not Logseq?
- 47:53 Q&A: What AI capabilities will Logseq get?
- 50:24 Q&A: How to improve Logseq's performance with large graphs?
- 53:45 Recap of the session
- 58:28 Q&A: What does Logseq's roadmap look like?
- 1:02:37 Wrap-up